When Progressive Bank (originally Progressive State Bank) was founded in October 1975 in Winnsboro, Louisiana, our company was primarily dedicated to serving the special banking needs of the agricultural community in the Franklin Parish area. Under the guidance of Mr. George W. Cummings, Jr, our Founder and first President, Progressive State Bank had grown to assets of over $42 million by the end of 1996.
While this dedication to the area’s farming industry still exists, Progressive Bank has become a financial services leader in the markets we serve. In 1997, our Board of Directors voted to expand beyond the Franklin Parish area and the company, now under the guidance of Chief Executive Officer George W. Cummings, III, expanded into the Ouachita Parish market with our first location at 1401 North 19th Street in Monroe. With the expansion also came a name change to Progressive Bank. Additional offices in Monroe and West Monroe soon followed and by 2003 Progressive Bank had grown to six locations.