The City of West Monroe has announced the following street closures and parade route for the Twin Cities Krewe de Riviere Mardi Gras Parade that will roll through West Monroe into Monroe on Saturday, Jan. 27.
The parade is set to roll at 5 p.m. from West Monroe High School. The parade will travel south on N. 7th Street to Mill Street, where it will turn left. It will then travel on Mill Street over the Lea Joyner Bridge into Monroe.
The following street closures will take effect for this parade:
- Beginning at 3:30 p.m. on Jan. 27, the West Monroe Police Department will close Travis Street and Riggs Street to N. 7th Street until the end of the parade has turned onto N. 7th Street.
- At 4:30 p.m., N. 7th Street from Travis Street to Mill Street be closed as well as Mill and N. 8th Street to the Lea Joyner Bridge.
- All side streets intersecting with N. 7th Street and Mill Street along the parade route will be closed. Streets will be reopened once the end of the parade crosses N. 7th and Stella Street.
- The WMPD will stop southbound traffic at N. 7th Street and Larche Street at 4:30 p.m.
- The Lea Joyner Bridge will close to all traffic, including vehicle and pedestrian, at 4:30 p.m. Saturday.
- The Endom Bridge will close to all traffic at 4:30 p.m.
For more information about street closures, call the West Monroe Police Department at (318) 396-2772. For information about the Twin Cities Krewe de Riviere Mardi Gras Parade, please visit their Facebook page at www.facebook.com/krewederiviere